Unfortunately, due to a problem with the notification system and a bad bug at startup, they pulled it from the app store.
Yesterday, they pushed a new version that fixes that bug and adds a few improvements which, honestly, I am liking a lot. It’s far from being perfect, but it’s a step forward and I am pretty sure they will release a much better version very soon.
What I like (compared to the first version they released):
- they slightly changed the message view and used bigger fonts (useful)
- it’s faster. Now, if you click on “more messages” at the bottom, messages are shown immediately, without any delay
- poor notification system. New messages are not shown as a “banner” like other apps and you can’t see them in the notifications area. You just get a sound and the icon’s badge gets updated
- ugly icon. Why not a big Gmail icon instead of this little one on that dark grey background?
- Gmail iOS app returns to App Store (digitaltrends.com)
- Gmail for iOS Back in the App Store (wired.com)
- Gmail for iOS returns to the App Store (geek.com)
- Gmail for iOS Returns to the App Store – Notifications Work, But No New Features (thenextweb.com)
Why I run my blog on Thesis Wordpress Theme
Thesis gives my blog a very professional look with very clean, easy-to-read layout and SEO friendly design. Take a look at my post explaining why I chose Thesis for my blog. Get your Thesis Theme today!